The George Braithwaite Scholarship was established in recognition of former OASIS Board member and President, George Braithwaite for his volunteer contributions to OASIS. George was one of the founding members of OASIS. George exemplified the mission of OASIS through his tireless efforts, strong leadership and numerous activities on behalf of people with developmental disabilities.
He was a tireless advocate on behalf of the developmental services sector and the Transfer Payment Agencies and an exceptional communicator and relationship builder with the Government. George was also a strong advocate on behalf of supporting ongoing professional development opportunities for Developmental Services Sector leaders.
- Issued once per year to an Executive Director or Senior Manager
- Presented at OASIS Annual Conference
- Up to $5,000 value
- Utilized for Executive Director or Senior Manger’s attendance/participation in the National Leadership Consortium on Developmental Disabilities’ week-long Leadership Institute at the University of Delaware
- Funds to be utilized for travel, accommodation, meals & registration fees
- Selection made by the OASIS Labour Relations Committee
All completed applications must be received by OASIS on or before March 10, 2018, in order for consideration. Final selections will be made at the Board meeting in April 2018 and announced at the Awards Gala at the Annual Conference in May. Click here to access the Application Form.