As there were a number of significant items covered we would like to draw your attention to some key issues and initiatives:
- The Ontario Divisional Court has upheld the right of the Ministry to close the remaining institutions provided each individual has a plan approved by the family.
- Competitive Compensation/Fair Wage Issue
- Symposium on February 9 and 10, 2006
- Final document to be completed
- Paper to be developed on Centralized Bargaining
- Request to the Ministry to include the Provincial Network in discussions on the use of any new funds particularly funds for compensation
- Significant changes are occurring in the Health Sector
- Renewed policy paper is required on Dual Diagnosis
- Document to be prepared outlining the critical issues between the Health Sector and the Developmental Services Sector
The above are highlights only. Please review the links below
If you have questions do not hesitate to contact your Provincial Network representative(s).
George Braithwaite, President
Joint Developmental Services Sector Partnership Table Meeting
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
10:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Boardroom 24-A, 2 Bloor Street West
Quality Assurance Review
DS Partnership Table
November 22, 2005
ƒ¢ The Partnership Table identified quality assurance as an important feature of a transformed system of developmental services.
ƒ¢ A policy forum on quality assurance was co-sponsored by Ontario Agencies Supporting Individuals with Special Needs and the Ministry of Community and Social Services on March 2, 2005.
ƒ¢ At its March 29 meeting members of the Partnership Table proposed to establish a reference group on quality assurance to provide further input on the issue.
Funding Reform in Developmental Services
Presentation for the Joint DS Partnership Table
November 22, 2004
Developmental Services Branch
To provide information about the Ministry’s presentation to the upcoming workshop on funding model reform