Strong, viable, accountable agencies who have the resources and professional competencies to provide quality supports and services to people with special needs.
OASIS provides leadership through sharing ideas, information and knowledge, and interacts with government and other organizations on issues affecting its members.
- OASIS promotes an environment that encourages participation of the membership. It recognizes all members as equals, respects the autonomy and philosophical position of members, and, understands that agreement may not be possible on all issues.
- OASIS promotes the collective interests of people with special needs and their families by helping to improve and extend responsive and cost effective supports and activities to its members.
- OASIS is a volunteer driven organization.
- OASIS conducts its business in an atmosphere of transparency.
- OASIS interacts with government in a non-partisan manner.
- OASIS partners with other groups when appropriate in pursuit of its vision.
- OASIS provides information to members and government regarding best practices, emerging issues and current trends through research and other activities.