The 2021 OASIS Scholarship and Awards will be presented at this years’ June 25th, 2021 virtual OASIS Annual General Meeting.
You may register for the AGM now by clicking here.
Some More information on the Scholarships and the Awards are below.
As I am sure you are all aware, OASIS is committed to helping their member agencies maintain and provide high quality services through exemplary leadership. To help you achieve this, OASIS provides Scholarship opportunities for YOU to apply to. Please see below the various learning streams and description of funding available for your application.
The President’s Scholarship was established in recognition of the contributions of the volunteer Presidents of OASIS since its inception in 1996.
- Issued once per year to an Executive Director or Senior Manager
- Presented at the OASIS Annual General Meeting
- Up to $5,000 value
- Can be utilized for Executive Director’s or Senior Manger attendance/participation in a conference or educational program of their selection
- Funds can be utilized for travel, accommodation, meals, registration fees and materials i.e. books
- Selection made by the President, Vice-President Volunteer, Vice-President Executive Director of OASIS
The George Braithwaite Scholarship was established in recognition of former OASIS Board member and President, George Braithwaite for his volunteer contributions to OASIS and is:
- Issued once per year to an Executive Director or Senior Manager;
- Presented at the OASIS Annual General Meeting;
- Up to $5,000 value; and
- Utilized for Executive Director or Senior Manger’s attendance/participation in the National Leadership Consortium on Developmental Disabilities’ week-long Leadership Institute at the University of Delaware. Note: The program for the Consortium on Developmental Disabilities is projected to occur again on-site in January 2022.
- Funds to be utilized for travel, accommodation, meals & registration fees;
- Selection made by the OASIS Labour Relations Committee
Nominations are Now Open for the 2021 Annie Oliver Award and Member Leadership Award
For those who have and continue to blaze the trails of exceptionality we want to take this opportunity to recognize and reward you for your achievements.
To do this we provide two different awards that you can apply to for yourself, your agency, your colleague or another agency.
The Annie Oliver Award is presented to recognize and honour an individual.
- Someone who demonstrates excellence, innovation and leadership in the developmental services sector and best exemplifies the interests and mission of OASIS;
- Someone who demonstrates the highest administrative competence and professionalism and in so-doing has provided an inspiration to others; and
- Someone who, by a combination of perseverance, determination and positive attitude has assisted OASIS in achieving the goals inherent in its Mission Statement.
The Annual Member Leadership Award is to recognize and honour an OASIS member organization.
Someone that demonstrates excellence, innovation and leadership in the developmental services sector and best exemplifies the interests and mission of OASIS;
- Someone that demonstrates collaboration, partnership and professionalism and in so-doing has provided an inspiration to others; and
- Someone that, by a combination of perseverance, determination and positive attitude has assisted OASIS in achieving the goals inherent in its Mission Statement.
Should you have any questions or require further clarification, please feel free to email OASIS Administrative Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-579-5267 x:203.