On behalf of OASIS, this standing committee will focus timely attention and information on labour issues that may assist member agencies.
EDUCATE MEMBER AGENCIES
- by publishing “red flag” situations or information items that may be of assistance with negotiations, grievances, trends etc.
- develop or seek out needed resources
- present affordable workshops that will deal with pressing issues
- make newsletters available to members
SEEK OUT RESOURCES THAT MAY BE EMPLOYED AT THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE BY
- developing workshops
- providing information sharing groups
- coordinating panel discussions, etc.
ACT ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD & MEMBER AGENCIES
- by liaising with MPP’s, Government officials or Union representatives on matters relating to labour relations
- participating in provincial initiatives and/or working groups concerning labour relations and human resource issues
- obtaining & distributing legal opinions to member agencies as required or directed
A committee to be made up of four to six Executive Directors or Senior Human Resource Managers, with a Chair selected by the Committee, and endorsed by the OASIS Board. Committee members are not to be Directors of the OASIS Board. One member of the committee should be from a non-unionized agency. Other members should represent agencies organized by CUPE, OPSEU & SEIU.
This committee is established by the OASIS Board of Directors for the support of member agencies regarding matters of Labour Relations. All decisions and directions are to be approved by the OASIS Board of Directors. Minutes from the Committee’s meetings are to be distributed to Board for their review and approval. The Chair of the Committee is expected to attend OASIS Board meetings.
Revised: October 2008